Reach Others Hear, Near and Far
Jesus calls all his followers to share the hope found in Him with all the world. It’s a big task. At Westwood, we believe there is a place for everyone to participate in Jesus Christ’s great commission – here in the communities immediately surrounding each our campuses, near in the culturally diverse communities of Twin Cities, and far around the world!
Westwood’s Here Outreach focuses on meeting needs in the communities immediately surrounding each of our campuses and sharing the love of Jesus as we go. We do this through:
- Hope House/Open Hands Foundation
- Love INC
- Humanity Alliance
- HIS House
- Launch Ministries
- Families Moving Forward
Bush Lake Area
- Great Christmas Give Together (December)
- Christmas Outreach (November/December)
- Serve Week (May)
- Hope Garden Team
- Plant, weed, harvest and distribute produce from Westwood’s Hope Gardens to local food shelves and the Hope House. There are seasonal opportunities to serve at both the Chanhassen or Bush Lake Campus gardens.
- New Neighbor Gift Team
- Pack and distribute gifts to people moving into the area surrounding our campuses. The gift contains Minnesota themed items and is focused on blessing families during transition and inviting them to Westwood.
- Refugee Welcome Team
- Walk alongside a refugee family from the moment they arrive in the Twin Cities and throughout their first year of resettlement, providing practical support and life skills, friendship and care.
- Here, Near, Far Care Team
- Encourage, pray and care for Westwood’s 35+ here, near and far partners through prayer, regular cards/letters of encouragement, Christmas gifts, and more.
Get involved by joining a volunteer team, helping plan one of our outreach events, or serving with one of our local partners. Click here to get started.
Westwood is partnering with local immigrant and multi-cultural churches who share the same heart for discipleship and multiplication to see God’s kingdom grow here in the Twin Cities. We do this through:
Westwood has over 30 church partners (and growing) that represent the great diversity of the Twin Cities. Ethnic groups represented in these churches include Hmong, Japanese, Eritrean, Amharic Ethiopian, Oromo Ethiopian, Tamil Indian, Latino, Liberian, Mexican, Chinese, Slavic and Hindi.
Three of these churches share space with our Bush Lake Campus:
- Destino Church
Destino Church, led by Pastor Mauricio Dell, is a bi-lingual Latino church currently meeting at Bush Lake on Sundays at 1pm. They care about the integrity of the immigrant family; not just the first generation of immigrants, but the second and third generation as well. They embrace and celebrate the beauty of unity in diversity.
- Global Harvest Church
Global Harvest, led by Pastor Earnest Jeyaraja, is a multi-ethnic church that wants to ignite a passion for Christ and impact our diverse community with the power and love of Jesus Christ. The meet at Bush Lake at 11am on Sunday mornings and once a month host a worship service in Tamil. The Tamil Church worships on the 1st Friday of every month at 7pm.
- Perazim Church
Perazim Church, led by Pastor Ebenezer Endiryas, is an Ethiopian-led, English-speaking church that is focused on 2nd and 3rd generation young adults. They believe that Jesus paid it all on the cross and that’s why they come from the place of victory, not for victory. Perazim worships every Sunday evening at 5pm at the Bush Lake Campus.
You can be a part of supporting our many church partners by joining one of our volunteer teams:
- Prayer Team
- Encouragement Team
Westwood partners with several local organizations as they support this vision for church multiplication and discipleship within the diverse communities of the Twin Cities.
- Steiger International Minneapolis City Team (Cyrena Denniston)
- Global Youth Interchange
- City Vision
You can be a part of supporting our ministry partners by joining the Here, Near, Far Care Team. This team encourages Westwood’s 35+ partners through prayer, regular cards/letters of encouragement, Christmas gifts, and more.
The Hub, located at the Bush Lake Campus, is a space designed for collaborative ministry, equipping church planters and leaders, and a launchpad for new church plants and outreach efforts.
You can be a part of supporting the work at the Hub by joining one of our volunteer teams:
- Hub Strategy Team
- Events/Hospitality Team
Far Ministry equips and releases teams who work through strategic partners to multiply churches, make disciples and share the love of Jesus Christ in word and deed.
The Africa Team supports partners in Malawi, Ghana, Togo and Benin as they equip the local church to meet needs of the most vulnerable, demonstrate God’s heart for justice and share the hope of Jesus Christ.
Westwood’s Far Partners in Africa include:
- World Relief – Chitipa, Malawi
- International Justice Mission – Ghana
- 6 Degree Initiative – Togo/Benin
- Globeserve – Ghana
- Malawi Orphan Care Project – Malawi
- Equip Family Ministry – Kenya/Malawi/Ghana
The Europe Team supports partners in Sweden, Germany, and Moldova as they share the Gospel, plant churches and grow disciples who make disciples.
Westwood’s Far Partners in Europe include:
Middle East Team
The Middle East Team comes alongside partner organizations to share God’s love in creative and compelling ways that lead displaced people and persecuted Christians in the Middle East to know God and grow as disciples.
Westwood’s Far Partners in the Middle East include:
- Questscope– Za’atari Refugee Camp, Jordan
- A medical clinic serving Syrian refugees – Amman, Jordan
- Ananias House
Central Asia Team
The Central Asia Team focuses on praying and advocating for specific unreached people groups in closed areas of Central Asia. They also support the work of Bible translation for these people groups.
The Timothy Initiative
Westwood partners with The Timothy Initiative (TTI) in South Asia and West Africa. The Timothy Initiative is an international church planting organization whose purpose is to train and equip pastors and church planters to reach unreached people groups around the world. Westwood supports TTI’s training centers where they are discipling leaders, who will in turn disciple leaders.
At Westwood, we extend God’s love and mercy to those in need across the street and across the globe and believe in long-term, on-going ministry supported by short-term ministry trips. Trips are God-centered, collaborative and grounded in prayer with the intention of helping everyone we meet to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Westwood’s Far Teams help plan and support ministry trips in collaboration with our Far Partners.
**For more information about any of the trips listed below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Ministry Trips
Moldova (May 2022)
- Join Westwood’s Europe Team as we support our CRU partners in Moldova. The team will participate in two projects – house repairs for the home of a family hosting one of the local house churches and English language club helping young adults develop their English language skills.
- Approx. cost per traveler is $3,000.
- Anticipated travel dates (may change slightly) – May 13-23, 2022
- Apply Here – applications due by Jan. 15, 2022
Jordan (May 2022)
- Join Westwood’s Middle East team as we show Jesus’ love to Syrian refugee by helping them with educational opportunities and supporting their physical and emotional needs. Travelers will support the work of Questscope’s Youth Center with programs in the arts, business development, and empowering women. In addition, team members with a medical background can support the work of a local clinic as they meet basic medical/dental needs.
- Approx. cost per traveler is $3,000.
- Anticipated travel dates TBD; trip length is approx. 10 days
- Apply Here – applications due by Jan. 15, 2022
Sweden (August 2022)
- Join Westwood’s Europe Team as we visit and encourage our partners in Stockholm, Sweden and help lead an all-church summer camp. Families with children ages 8 and older are invited to join this trip
- Approx. cost per traveler is $2,700.
- Anticipated travel dates are Aug. 5-15, 2022 (may change slightly)
- Apply Here – applications due April 1, 2022
Togo (October 2022)
- Join Westwood’s Africa Team as they support Westwood’s ministry partner, 6 Degree Initiative in Togo. The team will be helping with construction of Togo Palms, a ministry training center and youth camp. They will also participate in prayer walks and visiting with local church plants.
- Approx. cost per traveler is $4,500.
- Anticipated travel dates are Oct. 14 – 24 (may change slightly)
- Apply Here – applications due by May 1, 2022
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
When we use the gifts God has given us through serving, we shine. We put our faith in action. We grow deeper in our relationship with God. At Westwood, we want to help you find the right place to serve that best matches your interests, gifts and time availability. Use the following link to get started.
Join Us in Prayer
Westwood’s vision is to multiply the reach of God’s love here, near and far and that is the heart of our 10/10/10 strategy. We believe that intentional, specific prayer should be at the center of it. We want to equip every person at Westwood to pray for the ministry efforts and partners that are a part of the here, near and far vision through a monthly prayer guide. We encourage you to print this prayer guide and stick it in your bible or hang it up somewhere you can see it regularly and be reminded to pray throughout the month for God’s work here, near and far.